mol kernel problems

wolf_moon456 yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 21 Aug 2004 15:02:39 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for all the info! I now have the kernel updated
and MOL runs perfectly.
There's just one or two more newbie questions I wanted
to ask that I couldn't find in the archives.

First of all, when I try logging out (To log back in
or shut down.) the screen goes black and X doesn't
restart. I thought switching to the text based login
screen might help, but I don't know how to set it from
graphical to text.

Also, I compiled a MUD client and freeciv, but
afterwards couldn't find either of them. Is there a
certain place programs are put by default once they're
compiled?

And, lastly, when I plug headphones into my iMac's
headphone jack, sound is still played through the
speakers, including when I use MOL. Is there any way
to get ydl to use the headphones instead?
Thanks!