YDL 4.0

Arch and Cath yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 20:06:38 -0400

This forum has had several discussions over the last months about the
impending (and evidently much anticipated) YDL 4.0 release.   I am a little
confused -- why do we care?

Here we are toiling in the Linux vineyard cleaning up problems in our
systems, yumming them  with the latest upgrades and new software and from
time to time even building a new kernel.   I would like to think that
because of that effort we have the most up to date systems best suited for
our individual needs.

I always thought that these distros were just a way of getting started.
What will 4.0 get us that we don't already have?

Puzzled.

Arch