CTorrent Compiling

Derick Centeno yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
25 Aug 2004 11:39:47 -0400

Hi Wolf Moon:
If you take a look at the CTorrent requisites on their homepage:

http://ctorrent.sourceforge.net/?action=featreq

You'll see a list of interesting statements.  One is that they don't
specify which variant of Linux CTorrent should work with, C++ is not
mentioned AND they require that whoever downloads it know something of C
programming.

What this means is that YDL on your machine may be actually fine but
CTorrent may be looking for things that are just not part of your
hardware. And since this webpage is extremely minimal in its description
-- you may have to correct and modify the code to fit your hardware
environment on your own --- which they (the authors) appear to
recommend.

As usual, there probably will be a great deal of difference between
"should work" and "does work"; also other programming projects are
usually far more helpful than what appears here.

The other problem you may be facing is that you may be using or
attempting to use the "executables" of a hardware architecture you do
not, in fact, have.  Which problem you have could not be determined from
what you wrote, at least not by me.

The link I provided does provide the source, in C, if you are interested
but as many C++ programmers know, C after C++, is a very big drag!  Some
programmers actually prefer root canals to working with C.  Enough
said...best wishes...