YDL 4.0 - Super Off Topic

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 17:33:44 -0500

Douglas -- uh, I mean, Derick:

Derick Centeno wrote:
> Now THAT fellow not only lives forever, BUT FOREVER IN
> EVERY POSSIBLE UNIVERSE SIMULTANEOUSLY!! C'MON WITH THAT
> MANY PROFOUNDO...WHAT WAS THAT DRINK>>>??? Ah YES...THE
> PAN GALACTIC GARGLE BLASTER... WELL...ANYONE CAN NOT
> ONLY LOOK COOL THEY CAN BE COOL TOO!

Don't take this the wrong way, and I say this only as a friend: Switch
to decaf, dude! :-)

> Dear Douglas Adams, beat us all to it though... What IF
> everything before THAT book were merely rough drafts and
> Hitchhiker IS THE BOOK!! And the Universe is waiting for
> us to figure it out kind of like a twisted Jonathan
> Livingston Seagull with a GargleBlaster as a chaser!

That's an interesting hypothesis. And I scare myself silly, in that I
sort of agree with you: almost everything I know, I learned from reading
the __Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy__. It was a sad day when Douglas
N. Adams left us.

<sniff>

Best wishes,
Clint
("Yellow," he thought and stomped off back to his bedroom to get dressed.)

Note: the Yellow Dog Newbie mailing list is not currently being archived
(we don't know why). Therefore, for significant questions whose answers
might help other Yellow Dog Linux users, we recommend you sign up for
the Yellow Dog General list: