Greetings from the new Yellow Dog Newbie List Admin!

nicole yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 27 Aug 2004 10:31:28 -0400

On Aug 26, 2004, at 11:18 PM, Clinton MacDonald wrote:

>> - I have gone through the queue of messages
>>   waiting to be approved.
>
> There's a queue? I was unaware of that (and I have been following this
> list for at least six months). Maybe you could explain a little what
> are the list policies and posting rules (we had been making it up
> among ourselves for a long time).

Just speculation but- That could be the queue from things sent to the
list incorrectly.  For example, I use multiple email accounts in Apple
Mail.  When I reply to something, Apple mail defaults to my .mac
account address instead of the address the email was sent to (I am not
sure how to change it but think it happens b/c I filter all my mail
into different folders so I am not replying from the inbox).  When I am
not paying attention enough, I forget to switch the account my mail is
being sent from and as a result the mail list program sends me a
message that the mail is "waiting approval" since it did not come from
an email address registered to the list.

I do this a lot on one of my other mail lists too but the mailman
software they use will actually send me a link to a web page where I
can choose to cancel the message.

nicole