Greetings from the new Yellow Dog Newbie List Admin!

AJ Hawks yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 27 Aug 2004 11:01:55 -0600

> > I have been appointed as the new admin for the YDL Newbies
> > list! We are aware of many of the problems this list has
> > experienced in the last several months, and I am here to
> > address those.
>
> Welcome! You will find that the Yellow Dog Newbies and General lists are
> exciting, dynamic, and fun lists, peopled by a great group of folks. We
> (newbies and more experienced alike) are looking forward to everything
> you have to offer us.

Thanks :)

> > - We believe we have the list archiving again.
>
> Excellent!
>
> > - I have gone through the queue of messages
> >   waiting to be approved.
>
> There's a queue? I was unaware of that (and I have been following this
> list for at least six months). Maybe you could explain a little what are
> the list policies and posting rules (we had been making it up among
> ourselves for a long time).

I believe the queue contains only messages from unsubscribed addresses.
Most of them are spam, but every now and then someone accidentally posts
from their work address or something, and I need to approve it before it
gets posted.

> > - I will try to answer any questions I can in my free time.
>
> That would be great, too! Maybe you could introduce yourself in a little
> more detail so that we will know what is your expertise, your role in
> Yellow Dog Linux/Terra Soft, and so on.

Coming soon

> In fact, since this is a newbies list, many problem-ridden posters are
> brand new to this community. They may not have a good feel for the
> proper "netiquette," especially as it applies to this list (which tends
> to be more polite and helpful than average). Maybe you could put
> together a weekly posting to reminding us of you, your role, and the
> scope of the list.

I'll see what I can do :)

Thanks for the warm welcome.

-AJ