Need yum.conf file, please

Derick Centeno yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
02 Sep 2004 16:02:46 -0400

Hi Andrew:
Question: Enlightenment has been a favorite of mine for a long time but
it appears invisible to yum for installation although yum can find
libraries for it.

[root@arakus etc]# yum search enlightenment
Server: Yellow Dog Linux 3.0 base
Server: Yellow Dog Linux 3.0 - ppc - freshrpms
Server: Yellow Dog Linux 3.0 - ppc - os
Server: Yellow Dog Linux 3.0 - ppc - updates
Server: Yellow Dog Linux 3.0.1 updates
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Looking in available packages for a providing package
Available package: edb.ppc 0:1.0.3-fr3 from freshrpms matches with
 Enlightenment DataBase access library.
Available package: edb-devel.ppc 0:1.0.3-fr3 from freshrpms matches with
 Enlightenment DB headers and development libraries.
2 results returned
Looking in installed packages for a providing package
No packages found
[root@arakus etc]# yum install enlightenment
Server: Yellow Dog Linux 3.0 base
Server: Yellow Dog Linux 3.0 - ppc - freshrpms
Server: Yellow Dog Linux 3.0 - ppc - os
Server: Yellow Dog Linux 3.0 - ppc - updates
Server: Yellow Dog Linux 3.0.1 updates
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Cannot find a package matching enlightenment
No actions to take
[root@arakus etc]#

I modified my yum.conf file to include your recommendation to Mr. Roger
Scow.  Now does searches for that and other mirrors...very convenient as
some mirrors are not really "true mirrors"; I'm sure you get my meaning.
I found enlightenment for example at:
http://ydl.osuosl.org/contrib/3.0/ppc/

However, if I modify yum.conf to include the above address as a baseurl
nothing happens.  So what is the correct sequence?

Here is the modification I made which doesn't choke yum, but neither
does it yum seem to notice it:

baseurl=http://ftp.ydl.osuosl.org/contrib/3.0/ppc/

Any ideas??? Thanks...