Need yum.conf file, please

mascarasnake yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 02 Sep 2004 19:10:13 -0400

Hey Derick -

Derick Centeno wrote:

<snip>

> I modified my yum.conf file to include your recommendation to Mr. Roger
> Scow.  Now does searches for that and other mirrors...very convenient as
> some mirrors are not really "true mirrors"; I'm sure you get my meaning.
> I found enlightenment for example at:
> http://ydl.osuosl.org/contrib/3.0/ppc/
>
> However, if I modify yum.conf to include the above address as a baseurl
> nothing happens.  So what is the correct sequence?

I took a look at this URL and there is no 'header' directory, thus no
header files, for yum to read from. Yum needs the '.hdr' files to
compare to the '.hdr' files in your '/var/cache/yum/.../.../ directories.

You could download the RPM from that site and *manually* install any
dependencies <ouch>.

> Here is the modification I made which doesn't choke yum, but neither
> does it yum seem to notice it:
>
> baseurl=http://ftp.ydl.osuosl.org/contrib/3.0/ppc/
>
> Any ideas??? Thanks...

I tried to nose around there, but kept getting a "No such host" message.

I know that doesn't get you much closer to a yummable enlightenment, but
that looks like what's going on there.

g'luck

--
     It's what you make it man