Lombard and booting from external SCSI

Derick Centeno yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
18 Sep 2004 11:58:16 -0400

A bit more information to help you towards a decision:
The internal drive in a Lombard is an IDE drive.  That means it is
possible to upgrade it to ANY other IDE drive available as long as it is
physically capable of fitting into your laptop.  Some people actually
have thought that as you increase hard-drive storage capacity the weight
increases as well...that is not true.  Backup your data and consider
getting a larger IDE drive...they are really cheap.

Also according to specs you have a Type I/II PC card expansion slot; you
can do the following:

Talk to the OWC people I referred you to earlier.
You wish to do the following:
1.  Remember the internal drive you have and use their kits to turn your
internal IDE drive into an external firewire drive.  Price that
2.  You want to find a PCMIA card which you can put into your TypeI/II
PC card slot such that it has firewire ports!  Price that.
3.  And you still have the option of chaining together USB drives and
devices if you want them using USB routers connected to each port.

Of course if you follow my suggestions and use YDL you'll be able to run
at least two or three small cities.  How's that for an upgrade?

You have lots of options...
Best wishes...