Here's a question...

Saverio D'Agostino yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 18 Sep 2004 20:52:10 +0100

I have recently bought an 80gb toshiba hd for my powerbook g4.

I have YDL on the current drive, although still haven't managed to get it to
work with my broadbabd connection, but I digress..

I installed the 80gb hard drive in to my tibook, I used disc utility from
the Mac OS 10.3 install cd to format the drive, and allocated partition 1 as
freespace and partition 2 to the installation of OS X panther.

I went on to proceed the installation, and on the OS 10 installer it said -
no, you can't install OS 10.3 on to this drive.

I haven't yet tried to install YDL, and put my exixting hd back in the
machine.

Any idea's?