What's the reason for Yellow Dog?

Ed Sutherland yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 20 Sep 2004 12:25:31 -0400

On 9/20/04 11:58 AM, "Brian McKee" <map@map-heb.com> wrote:

> On the other hand, since linux is a user driven operating system,
> the more 'regular users' there are compared to 'gurus'
> will help drive it to being more user friendly.

Exactly. The more us liberal arts ilk invade the space of engineers and
computer science folk, the better for the accessibility of Linux.

I know YDL is targeted at Mac hardware, not necessarily Mac users with Mac
hardware. I agree that once you invest some time in gaining the knowledge,
Linux comes into better focus. At the risk of mentioning an 'alien'
distribution, the Gentoo folks have a wonderfully-clear documentation
project -- something YDL -- and other Linux distros -- might use as
inspiration.

Sorry, if the list received the wrong end of my blow-torch. It was Monday
morning and the last thing I needed was for YDL to throw up all over my
shoes. ;)

Ed