17" titanium trackpad problem

Dan Rosenbloom yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
20 Sep 2004 10:40:35 -0400

Hey Derick-

Thanks for the reply - yes, I've tried that, I also tried re-installing
and selecting various different mice/trackpads in the process -all to no
avail.

Interesting things I've noticed:
1- Apple USB keyboard with mouse pluggin into it - everything works
great
2 - no USB anything - trackpad flaky as can be
3 - USB mouse only, sometimes loses functionality, until I swipe a
finger across the trackpad. then it all of a sudden comes back to life
(?!?)
4 - Keyboard and mouse each plugged in to its own USB port - all

Could there be a Keyboard setting involved? Also, I have to boot my
computer with a "linux nol3" option to avoid a hang during USB
addressing (no level 3 cache on my box...) - anything possible there? (I
actually took out a line in the boot parameters about SCSI & IDE stuff
to put in the nol3 thing - ?)

Thanks!
-Dan