Getting an Apache (httpd) server up and running (YDL 3.0.1)

Olaf Olson oolson at hadleyconnection.com
Tue Sep 28 11:04:36 MDT 2004

Eric,

There's supposed to be a method for installing Mozilla 1.7 and I think
1.8, too. Check the archives of this list and the General list for the
announcement. I've never been able to make it work and there is
currently no YUM repository with a newer version than 1.6. If you do a
yum upgrade mozilla, you'll get that version if freshrpms is in your
yum.conf file.

I have found that removing mozilla and installing firefox gives you the
1.7 equivalent browser, but you have to use an external e-mail client. I
was using Thunderbird, with a different browser, and find that it still
works fine with Firefox, is more current for both the browser and email
applications than the current yum-able mozilla, installs with yum, and
just generally works well.

yum remove mozilla
yum install firefox
yum install thunderbird

Removing mozilla does not delete user profiles. The new Firefox and
Thunderbird recognize the old mozilla profiles and stuff, so you still
will get continuity.

Olaf