Getting an Apache (httpd) server up and running (YDL 3.0.1)

Eric D hideme666 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 28 08:41:04 MDT 2004

>From: "Eric D" <hideme666 at hotmail.com>
>Subject: RE: Getting an Apache (httpd) server up and running (YDL 3.0.1)
>Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 07:44:28 -0400
>
>Well, I turned off "nfs" in the Service Configuration app and httpd has
>stopped acting up.

So much for that theory. It's acting up again (same error 17). Httpd managed
to work for one reboot but now has gone AWOL again when I try a restart of
httpd through the GNOME Service Configuration app.

Should I try a full re-install of YDL?

I don't really want to but I'll do it if necessary. Right now I haven't done
much of note with the install so I may as well go through the process now.
The hour spent installing is probably a lot less than the amount of time
I've wasted troubleshooting this (& if the third time isn't a charm, I'll
just floormat the drive and devote the bulk of the 80 GB to OS X and leave a
little partition on there for playing around with).

'nother question: are there any browsers out there for YDL?

The version of Mozilla that comes with YDL 3.0.1 is 1.4 and Moz is up to 1.7
and 1.8.x a now! (plus, I didn't see a YDL or PPC build for FireFox either).

Eric.

to offer.
first two months FREE*.