Updating software on YDL (is it YUM?)

Eric D hideme666 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 28 13:35:11 MDT 2004

Is yum an easy way of updating YDL like OS X's "Software Update"?

Is there an easy way to say "update all packages installed on my computer"
or, even, update Apache?

Would

yum upgrade apache

upgrade the version of Apache installed by YDL 3.0.1?

I've been seeing indications on the web that error 17 is something internal
to early 2.0 versions of Apache and am wondering if an update would fix my
error 17 problem?

PS YDL is a lot of fun. It's a lot more approachable than version 2.1 when I
last fiddled with YDL (I'm curious to see what version 4.0 is like...
hopefully it'll be even more user-friendly and robust (I've had GNOME crash
on me twice (more like it stopped responding to the keyboard... aside from
command-control-power)... had to login from my other computer and
"reboot")).

Eric

>From: Olaf Olson <oolson at hadleyconnection.com>

<snip>

>yum remove mozilla
>yum install firefox
>yum install thunderbird
>
>Removing mozilla does not delete user profiles. The new Firefox and
>Thunderbird recognize the old mozilla profiles and stuff, so you still will
>get continuity.
>
>Olaf

Take charge with a pop-up guard built on patented Microsoft® SmartScreen
Technology.
first two months FREE*.