Mozilla & Firefox

Eric D hideme666 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 28 18:14:15 MDT 2004

Re: installing FireFox

Well, that was shockingly simple (ok, by Mac standards extraordinarily
complex but compared to what I was expecting...).

I modified

/etc/yum.conf

by adding

[fresh]
name=Somebodies fresh updates
baseurl=http://ayo.freshrpms.net/yellowdog/3.0/ppc/freshrpms/

I just created that on a hunch and it seems to have worked (well, given that
I've got the FireFox running I'd say it worked).

Now to see if I can actually get httpd updated using this method... no such
luck (can't even figure out what version of httpd I'm running since httpd
isn't running for me on the command line (guess I don't know enough yet to
get an ornery app to run)).

Eric.