[OT] - Downloadable Mac OS

Julius Naim julius.naim at fairadsl.co.uk
Wed Oct 13 00:44:57 MDT 2004

Hi Norberto

If you don't want to use BootX try Quik;

http://penguinppc.org/bootloaders/quik/

It boot via the >v3 Open Firmware.  To familiarise yourself with Oldworld OF
I recommend reading the guides for NetBSD which boots via OF on all PPC
Macs;

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.6.2/macppc/INSTALL.html
and
http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/macppc/SystemDisk-tutorial/

Also you could try MiBoot which comes with BootX but I haven't bothered.

Have fun

Julius