YDL and Powerbook G3 Install Problem

King, Lance E. LANCE.E.KING at saic.com
Fri Oct 22 08:31:48 MDT 2004

I sent this several days ago, but hadn't gotten any replies.  Just in case
it didn't go through the first time....

****************

Hi All,

I'm trying to install YDL 3.0.1 on my wife's Powerbook.  It's an original
Powerbook G3 (Kanga).  I've managed to follow the instructions to the point
where I can get the machine to boot and present me with a prompt to select
either OS 9.1 or YDL.  The install appears to start in text mode, and only
gets as far as the screen that asks which media type I'm using for the
install.  "CD" is highlighted, but the machine seems to lock up at this
point, and I can't get it to do anything (the TAB key doesn't respond,
either).

I have some experience with Linux on PCs, but this a new one for me.  I have
even tried re-downloading the ISO for CD 1, and re-burning it, but I get the
same results each time.  Does anyone know how to go about fixing this
problem?

FYI: The machine has 160 MB of RAM, and I have assigned a 2 GB partition for
OS 9.1, the remainder (3 GB) is unallocated.

Thanks,

Lance

Lance E. King
PC Tech III, A+, MCP
865-481-4776

 "The decay of society is praised by artists as the decay of a corpse is
praised by worms."   -G.K. Chesterton