Very Newbie trying to run MOL

Doug cybersleuth at 1screwloose.com
Thu Nov 4 17:56:59 MST 2004

see this author...has good books..

http://linux.oreilly.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: yellowdog-newbie-bounces at lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
[mailto:yellowdog-newbie-bounces at lists.terrasoftsolutions.com]On Behalf
Of Nathan Cashion
Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2004 5:16 PM
To: yellowdog-newbie at lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Subject: Very Newbie trying to run MOL

I am very new to Linux and seem to have no clue how to do anything.  I
just can't seem to figure out those commands.

I've not been able to install anything new so far.  The most frustrating
is trying to get MOL to run.  I've run the config and tried to start it
but I just get:

No mol-0.9.69 kernel modules corresponding to the running
   2.4.22-2f kernel were found ('startmol --list' displays
   installed version). Recompile the mol kernel modules (recommended)
   or try starting MOL as root using the '-a' switch. The '-a'
   flag can be made default by the 'allow_kver_mismatch: yes' setting.

I've tried downloading the newest modules from maconlinux.com but I must
not be doing something right.

So how do I:
1.  Learn how to use the terminal and understand the command line
terminology... and
2.  Get MOL to run?

Thanks for your help.

Nately