Very Newbie trying to run MOL

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 21:38:12 MST 2004

> > 2.  Get MOL to run?
>
> Really, to get MOL up and running, you need some CLI background.
> Basically (for some reason) 3.0.1 came with a kernel (2.4.22-2f) that is
> incompatible with the 0.9.69 Mol modules. You'll need too upgrade the
> kernel to the 2.4.22-2g version. This will be using 'yum'. You can catch
>   this info by searching the mailing list archives from the top right on
> any YDL page (this is a much revisited topic) and from the FAQ site I
> gave you above.

I had a different solution to the problem (see my posts on MOL in
September & October in YDL Newbie and/or General archives).

Instead of upgrading to 2.4.22-2g (which didn't work for me either) I
replaced the 2.4.22-2f kernel with 2.4.22-2SMP. That did the trick to
get MOL working!

PS To do a lot of things you need to be fully logged in as root and
not just "su".

Eric.