Sound issues on blue/white g3

Brandon Morrison morrison.brandon at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 23:14:29 MST 2004

Hey,

I'm probably overlooking something completely obvious, but I can't get
my sound to work.

Right now I'm running...
YDL 3.0.1
Blue and White G3 Tower - 350-400 Mhz (can't remember, not at computer
to look up)
No additional sound cards, just the built in one on the motherboard.

The modules.conf file says that it's loading the sound module, and the
SoundCard check in the system preferences says that it sees the apple
soundcard, but no sound comes out. I checked out everything I thought
was obvious (i.e. is the volume up? is it muted?), and everything
should be working.

I'm going on three days now as a linux person, so my knowledge base is
extremely limited. At least I've got some OS X background, but that's
not helping out too much right now.

Thanks for any help...

Brandon