Sound and Modem Problems with YDL 4.0

Carl Crawford wccrawford at adcoc.org
Fri Nov 26 00:15:07 MST 2004

I just installed YDL 4 and as soon as I went through the post install
setup, and it was loading KDE, it got this error: bad argument,
SMDCTL_DSP_SETFMT failed.  So my sound driver is not loading even though
the sound test worked when I installed YDL.  So I tried to connect to
the internet using kppp, and I could connect but only at 9600.  I double
checked my Modem prefs and the connection speed it set at its highest.
Any one having the same problem?  Any solutions?

G4 733MHz Quick Silver with 640mb of RAM running YDL 4.