AbiWord 2.2 for Mac OS X

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 05:37:28 MST 2004

Re: Yes, Cancel or Yes, No, Cancel vs. Save, Don't Save, Cancel

Unfortunately Office for 2004 as a whole *doesn't* get it right (I
think, or am I confusing things here). IIRC Entourage has a number of
dialogues where Cancel actually refers to "No" or "Don't Save". I'm
also desperately trying to remember which app had a ludicrously _long_
Don't Save or Save button lable (a throw-back to the late 80s when
some Mac apps thought they'd be uberhelpful and put the whole dialogue
text in buttons).

PS I fired up AbiWord 2.2 here on Ubuntu and it gives me "Close
without Saving", "Cancel" and "Save" (wrong order but at least right
text boxes). Does this mean they changed something in the OS X build?
And, OO.org 1.1.2 does it better (IMNSHO) 'Save', 'Discard', 'Cancel'.
Unambiguous, simple, and clean.

Eric.