iMac 333 Won't Boot After Install

S. J. Cunningham ir000178 at nc.rr.com
Mon Dec 6 02:50:08 MST 2004

Sorry for being so clueless but I can't find the information to fix
this.  I installed YD 4.0 on an iMac 333 with one 6g ATA hard disk and
chose the single partition install, ie Yellow Dog only.  Installation
completed fine but on reboot I get the question mark folder.

The article at

http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/solutions/ydl_general/
drive_jumpers.shtml

suggests that the problem is the jumpers on the disk drive and suggests
to change them or "boot into rescue mode and fix /etc/fstab settings".

  I'd prefer not to open the case and fool around with the jumpers since
I am not confident I even have the correct information to reset them.
I figured out how to boot into rescue mode and look at the /etc/fstab
table but how do I "fix" it?  I can't find any information on the site
as to what the correct entries should be.  The manual page for fstab
doesn't help.

I know I probably just have to change an "a" to a "b" somewhere.  I'd
appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Steve