sound

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 12:20:29 MST 2004

> >With the migration fro OSS to ALSA the sound got jack'd. As per the
> >Yellow Dog site.
>
> >Ubuntu Linux works very well and easy to install (IMHO)
>
> What help is that?
> Why do you KEEP on plugging Ubuntu, this is a YDL group.
> As for the YDL sound,it is broken, but I guess it will be fixed with the
> first errata. I've had some success on my G3 ibook, will post here when I'm
> satisfied.
> Colin

It seems like a lot of familiar names are now popping up on the Ubuntu
mailing lists ;-).

I think it may prove to be a particularly potent challenger to YDL in
the PPC sphere of things since Ubuntu's computing philosphy borrows
somewhat from Apple's (and, in the end, the reason most of us are on
PPC is not because we're loyal to Motorola or IBM but to Apple's OS
design philosphy and to the quality and/or style of Apple's hardware
(the only reason I'm not running Linux on an i86 is that I don't want
to have yet another computer in the house)).

Eric.