Extra cd's?

Lincoln lrutledge at member.fsf.org
Mon Dec 6 21:27:50 MST 2004

Hi John,

You can use rpm -i, correct.  If you haven't burned cds, don't bother.
Just open a konsole and type yum install fortune or whatever.

Okay, bad example, fortune isn't in the repo.

Anybody know where I can get fortune?

Also I have my wlan0 DWL-122 DLink usb dongle working!  But dhclient
doesn't work.  Gentoo guys say dhcpcd automagically works, which isn't
in the yum repo either.  Anybody have dhcp working on a wlan0 device?
I'm using a static IP and a custom setup script.

If anybody has any questions on setting it up I would try to help.  See
my blog for some info on my setup.

There is a lot of negative YDL comments on this list, which surprises
me.  This is the first distribution on PPC that I've been able to get
wireless working on, and that didn't have major problems with out of
sync mirrors, etcetera.  I'm more productive on YDL on my iBook than OS
X.  Thanks guys.

Also anyone have a Canon i250 cheapo printer working?

Linc
Message: 3