Best Development Platform for Linux

Clinton MacDonald clint.macdonald at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 7 14:52:46 MST 2004

Mr. Cass:

James Cass wrote:
> Does anyone have an opinion about which GUI application is
> the best for developing apps for Linux?

I don't think you have received an answer yet to your question, and I am
sorry, but I am not a programmer, so I will be unable to answer here.
However, I think the reason you have not seen an answer is because of
the open-ended nature of your question. Be more specific: what do you
mean by "GUI application"? What do you want to program? What languages
do you presently use? Do you want cross platform binaries, open source
code, or something else? Are you trying to put a GUI on top of a command
line application, or are you starting from scratch? What computing
platform and operating system are you currently using? Do you want the
final code to be open source or proprietary? Gnome, KDE or X? And so on,
and so on...

Give us some more information and some specific questions so that we can
answer you in some reasonable sense.

Good luck!

Best wishes,
Clint