iMac 333 Won't Boot After Install

Andrew virgule88 at videotron.ca
Tue Dec 7 18:52:08 MST 2004

Maybe OpenFirmware need some tweaking?
 I don't know for sure I never booted GNU/Linux on a NewWorld mac but
from what I've read in here it seam to be only possibility...but...there
is always another way.

As for the jumpers: They should be already jumped correct. If you happen
to open the case check them out. There should be three (3) position:
'Master', 'Slave' and 'CableSelect'. My new ATA is set on 'CableSelect'
from factory and this is working sweet... hmmm....as I am typing this I
notice your disk it know as 'hda' but on my system 'hda' is the CD-ROM
(Master), the ATA disk is 'hdc' (CableSelect)...hmmm.. It look like the
installer drank too much or your system is build different than mine.