partition names

Philippe Mayor philippe.mayor at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 16:18:08 MST 2004

Hello
I have installed YDLinux 4 and this is my first try on Linux!
I have a Mac G4 450Mhz AGP with 2 drives. the master is a 40Gb disk
and has the MacOsX on it.
the second drive (slave) is a 10 Gb disk and was empty before installation.
As I was afraid to lose data from my Os X disk, I {physically}
disconnected it and then installed YDL on the 10Gb disk. I reconnected
it afterwards.
Now I have problems to boot in Os X, as Yaboot doesn't list it.
I have tried to edit the /boot/dev/yaboot.conf file, with
"defaultos=macosx" and macdrive=/dev/hda, and then run the command
"/sbin/ybin -v" but it still fails.
How do I, when booted in Open Firmware, get the list of the partitions
and get their names. I think that my Mac Os X partition is called
something like /dev/hdaX where "X" is from 0 to 10. But I don't know
which!
Thank you for your help!

/Phil