partition names

Brian McKee besomethingelse at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 9 07:02:27 MST 2004

On Wednesday, December 8, 2004, at 06:18  PM, Philippe Mayor wrote:

{snippage}
> As I was afraid to lose data from my Os X disk, I {physically}
> disconnected it and then installed YDL on the 10Gb disk. I reconnected
> it afterwards.
{snippage}

> How do I, when booted in Open Firmware, get the list of the partitions
> and get their names.
{snippage}
Yep - since linux didn't know OSX was there it couldn't
add it to the boot loader.

 From linux (that works right?) in a terminal
(you can hit cntrl-alt-f1 to get a terminal prompt
  cntrl-alt-f7 to get back to your GUI session)
log in and type 'pdisk -l'
That will show you all the partitons and enough info
to identify them properly.
Brian

--
Experience is what you get when you were expecting something else.