Strange Colors on iBook

Nathan Cashion ldsnately at mac.com
Sat Dec 11 17:45:17 MST 2004

I just finished installing YDL 4.0 on my iBook clamshell.

For some reason the colors seem to be messed up.  It seems that the
blues are coming out very red and orange-ish, like I'm on Mars.

A similar thing happened recently when I installed YDL 4.0 on my Pismo.
Again, everything was reddish, but at first I thought that was just the
default color scheme.  So I changed the hardware settings to choose the
correct monitor and video card types.  Now I realize that it was fixed
after I changed the display preferences because the next time I started
X, everything was blue.

I've tried changing the display settings on the iBook.  It's set at
800x600.  I changed the bit depth to "thousands" but that still didn't
fix it.

Am I totally wrong and is everything supposed to be red?
Or is there something else I need to fix?

Thanks for your help,
Nately

PS  I vaguely remember some recent postings that may have answered my
question, but I couldn't find them within the last month in the
archives.