partition names

Andrew virgule88 at videotron.ca
Tue Dec 14 19:14:23 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-08 at 18:18, Philippe Mayor wrote:
>How do I, when booted in Open Firmware, get the list of the partitions
>and get their names.

'devalias' or 'dev / ls' --warning loooooong listing inbound--

Please confirm I understand correct:

hda(40Gig) contain OSX
hdb(10Gig) contain YFL4

You unplugged 'hda' and installed YDL4 on 'hdb' then OSX is nowhere to
be found, right? The reason for this could be that since 'hda' was not
connected, 'hdb' became 'hda'... I have a couple suggestion worth a
shot:

1- Start again, keep both drives connected and use 'manual partitioning
instead of 'Automatic' and setup the disk as desired. It should work
better.

2- Switch them (disks) position on the chain as well as the jumpers.