What the?!?!?!? Reboot out of nowhere!

justinw.5607521 at bloglines.com justinw.5607521 at bloglines.com
Wed Dec 15 10:20:28 MST 2004

> So I'm sitting here in front of my PM 7500 running MacOS 9.1, using it as
> TV set to watch "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly", when my PM 7600 running

> YDL 3.0, which is sitting just to the right of the 7500, idle, nobody
> logged on, with the monitor powered down, goes "BONG!" for no detectable

> reason.

Most likely dirty power.  Possible that your motherboard or
power supply are going out, but most likely there was some dirty power on
the wire and your power supply either protected you from a slight surge, or
took a break with not enough juice to work with.  And yeah, some power supplies
can be more sensitive than others, which could explain why your other system
was fine.