Beige G3 all-in-one

PeterH5322 at aol.com PeterH5322 at aol.com
Tue Dec 21 10:12:21 MST 2004

>Well, I gave the machine away, and now have the machine back.  I'm still
>game to put YDL on it.  A couple questions:
>
>1.  Regarding YDL 3...what the heck is up with this distorted screen thing
>on the installation program?  Any way around that?
>
>2.  Regarding YDL 4, does that work with a beige G3 all-in-one?  The YDL
>web site doesn't say either way.

An A-i-O is a Beige G3 with a modified transition card ... modified in
order to get the motherboard video out to a special RGB cable for the
monior, and modified to get the audio in/out to the front-mounted
peripherals.

In other respects, the A-i-O is simply a Beige G3 motherboard.

Certain versions of Linux contain warnings about Rev. 2 Beige G3s.

Every A-i-O I've seen had been a Rev. 2, even though most were made as
233 MHz, and all contained cables for a SCSI Zip, so they didn't need the
Slave drive capability which was added in Rev. 2, and most 233 MHz Beige
G3s of other models were made only (or mainly) as Rev. 1s.