Updating the kernel and MOL

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Wed Dec 22 02:57:27 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-21 at 22:18, steve s wrote:

> After making the changes I then tried to run ybin -v as root like the
> solution suggested but get the follwoing message:
>
> [root at localhost etc]# ybin -v
> bash: ybin: command not found
>
> Would anybody have any ideas. I followed the soolution and even copied and
> pasted the ybin -v command at the prompt and still get the message.
>
> Thanks

Just considering some simple possiblities:

1.  Did you take the time to discover that you have ybin actually
installed and where it may be located?

When you are back at # try using whereis as in:
#whereis ybin

Then Linux should tell you in which directory it is in.  Go to where it
is located, or as some would say, where it "lives" and invoke it.  IF it
is in /etc then go there:

[root at dune etc]# ./ybin -v

then see what happens.