MOL

brian at nutthouse.org brian at nutthouse.org
Wed Dec 22 14:07:06 MST 2004

I think I just overcame a simular situation. I haven't seen all the post for
this problem. But if I could suggest that you try this

/sbin/service iptables stop [ENTER]
startmol -X [ENTER]

I appologize if this has already been suggested or if I misunderstood your
problem.

Emersom Satomi writes:

> Sorry, forgot to tell:
> I use in YDL and macos9 a static IP adress to connect to a router, other local
> machines and internet, instead of DHCP.
> Maybe it has something to do with this. But I can`t try DHCP. Because our
> local network has some serious problems with DHCP, and the network could go
> down.
>
> On Wednesday 22 December 2004 22h31, Emersom Satomi wrote:
>> I googled a lot, searched the MOL and Yellow Dog list archives, the YDL
>> board...  but It seems that only me and Chis Tou are having this problem:
>>
>> startmol --loadonly
>> Mac-on-Linux 0.9.71-pre1 [Aug 27 2004 16:38]
>> Copyright (C) 1997-2004 Samuel Rydh
>> Starting MOL session 0
>> The kernel module '/usr/lib/mol/0.9.71/modules/2.6.9-1.ydl.8/sheep.o'
>> appears to be missing.
>>
>> Got this error from the beginning, after a fresh install of Yellow Dog 4 on
>> a PowerMac G4 400 MHz. Same error with sudo or su. The macos partition have
>> OS 9.1, updated from OS 9.
>> Updated mol-kmods-0.9.71-0.ydl.1.ppc.rpm to
>> mol-kmods-0.9.71-0.ydl.2.ppc.rpm, but still can`t start mol. Same error.
>> There is no sheep.o kernel module anywhere in my system.
>> Only /dev/sheep_net.
>> Checked inside the mol-kmods RPM (with mc) and found that there isn't any
>> sheep.o kernel module there too.
>> Jusf for curiosity, checked inside an old mol-kmods (0.9.68-1.8d.ppc.rpm,
>> from YelloyDog 3.  I used to run mol with no problems in YDL3), and sheep.o
>> kernel module is there! But can't use it, it's for an older kernel.
>>
>> I can boot with no pro
blems in macos9, but everytime I need it, have to