Updating the kernel and MOL

steve s s_sandrussi at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 22 20:13:48 MST 2004

I think I know why I got this problem now. I checked my emails and saw my
yaboot.conf file. I made a mistake with the image and initrd file names.

Wrong yaboot.conf

# yaboot.conf generated by anaconda

boot=/dev/hda2
init-message="Welcome to Yellow Dog Linux! Hit <TAB> for boot options."
partition=5
timeout=30
install=/usr/lib/yaboot/yaboot
magicboot=/usr/lib/yaboot/ofboot
delay=10
enablecdboot
macosx=/dev/hdb9

image=/vmlinux-2.6.9-1.ydl.7
label=linux
read-only
initrd=/initrd-2.6.9-1.ydl.7.img
root=/dev/hda3
append="rhgb quiet"

image=/vmlinux-2.6.8-1.ydl.7
label=linux (Old Kernel)
read-only
initrd=/initrd-2.6.8-1.ydl.7.img
root=/dev/hda3
append="rhgb quiet"

I t should be like this:

# yaboot.conf generated by anaconda

boot=/dev/hda2
init-message="Welcome to Yellow Dog Linux! Hit <TAB> for boot options."
partition=5
timeout=30
install=/usr/lib/yaboot/yaboot
magicboot=/usr/lib/yaboot/ofboot
delay=10
enablecdboot
macosx=/dev/hdb9

image=/vmlinux-2.6.9-1.ydl.8
label=linux2
read-only
initrd=/initrd-2.6.9-1.ydl.8.img
root=/dev/hda3
append="rhgb quiet"

image=/vmlinux-2.6.8-1.ydl.7
label=linux
read-only
initrd=/initrd-2.6.8-1.ydl.7.img
root=/dev/hda3
append="rhgb quiet"

I am reading something from the YDLFAQ site,
http://www.sharplabs.com:8668/space/Installing+YDL/BootX%2C+Yaboot+and+the+OF.
I dont know if this will help me.

Any help!