Kernel Updated!!!!! But now MOL wont start.

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Thu Dec 23 09:40:40 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-23 at 01:31, steve s wrote:
> I finally got my kernel updated after alot of reading around.

Congratulations!!!!!!!
> But now when I
> try test the MOL engine like it says in this website,
> http://www.maconlinux.org/userguide/testing1.html, I get the following:
>
> [drussi at localhost drussi]$ startmol --loadonly
> Mac-on-Linux 0.9.71-pre1 [Aug 27 2004 16:38]
> Copyright (C) 1997-2004 Samuel Rydh
> Starting MOL session 0
>    /usr/lib/mol/0.9.71/modules/2.6.9-1.ydl.8/mol.ko
> The kernel module '/usr/lib/mol/0.9.71/modules/2.6.9-1.ydl.8/sheep.o'
> appears to be missing.
>
> I looked to see if it was anywhere in my system and it was no where. I also
> looked for the MOL modules on the internet and only found this
> mol-kmods-0.9.71-0.ydl.2.src.rpm at this web site,
> http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/yellowdog/updates/yellowdog-4.0/ppc/mol-kmods-0.9.71-0.ydl.2.ppc.html,
> but sheep.o isnt one of the files that this RPM includes.
>
> Thanks

Regarding MOL you may notice mismatches between what it (MOL) is
expecting the kernel to be and what version of the kernel you are
actually using.  This mismatch has happened more than once in the past.
However, there may be a "work around" which is posted on the YDL FAQ
website which may be useful to you.  Here is the link to get there:

http://www.sharplabs.com:8668/space/start

Best wishes for the holidays and new year!