mp3 audio / video problem

Cian Duffy myob87 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 15:51:44 MST 2005

> That being said, what *were* they thinking? (I address this rhetorical
> question to both Red Hat and Terra Soft.) And what's up with not
> supporting MP3 playback?

American Distro = Lawsuit Paranoia. MP3 is patented, and TSS have
government contracts. They could do without Fraunhoffer suing them. EU
distros have *always* come with MP3 support, and some of them come
with a fully packing VLC, which includes DVD decoding, hackarounds for
Quicktime and VLC, and a tool to remove iTunes copy protection.....

Cian