Fwd: mp3 audio / video problem

Cian Duffy myob87 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 21:55:33 MST 2005

You are using the latest kernel (2.6.9-1ydl last time In checked, may
be a 2.6.10 in YDL.net Enhanced but I'm too cheap to pay for that, I
bought the full version of the OS....), right? The 2.6.8 that shipped
with YDL 4 doesn't do sound well at all

ksCD won't work. Its trying to extract audio by an analogue cable,
something Apple dropped years ago. OSX and Windows XP both actually
default to digital audio extraction, as does BeOS. Its only Linux
where stuffs done the old fashioned way, which is why I have to have
two extra cables trailing across the inside of my x86 desktop....

If you're getting any sound at all, modprobe.conf is working.