HFS+ access

Clinton MacDonald clint.macdonald at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 9 18:16:57 MST 2005

Mr. DL:

DL wrote:
> Excuse the ultra-noob question but if I install YD on its
> own partition as per usual, will I have read/write access
> to the HFS+ partition on my HD?

Here is what the Yellow Dog Web site has to say about this:

<http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/solutions/ydl_4.0/hfsplus.shtml>

There have also been how-tos published on this e-mail list. Go to any
YDL page (the one above should be fine) and at the top of the page you
will see a "Search Lists" text entry box. Type "hfs+" in that box, and
you will find such posts.

We have also written a how-to on the YDL FAQ Web site, but that site is
temporarily down (the illustrious Bill Longman assures us it will be
back up ASAP, probably tomorrow):

<http://www.sharplabs.com:8668/space/start>

Good luck!

Best wishes,