Install disk doesn't boot

Marcellus Earl marcellusearl at geneseeabbey.org
Sun Jan 16 07:03:05 MST 2005

Hi,

Another real newbie! I bought YDL 4.0 on cd's and tried to boot the install disk. Failure. I tried holding down the C key and it didn't work although it was clear my machine was trying it's best to boot from it. I tried holding down the option key. Again, no success.
The machine I'm working with is a Power Mac G3/300 Tower model, 300 MHz, 20 gig hard drive, 512 MB memory. I tried booting while OS X was on it. I even uninstalled it and tried to boot with a newly initialized hard drive. Didn't work.

Do I have a defective disk, or incompatible hardware, or am I just plain ignorant of the right way to boot the disk? What do you advise?

Marcellus Earl