User-Mode Linux for Apple PowerPC G5

brian at nutthouse.org brian at nutthouse.org
Mon Jan 17 12:53:33 MST 2005

I am familiar with UML on X86 systems. Basically it is a or many "Virtual
Servers" Meaning systems running UML can give access to accounts on the
server running UML there own server. It would be like creating a user
account on a server. But instead of just having a home directory, email, etc
they will have an actual server of there own. They can log in, install there
own web, mail, dns, etc and basically setup there own server. This doesn't
affect the configuration of the "Parent Server" just the individual "Users
Server". The users do not have any access to the "Parent Server" just there
own. But when users log in they are presented with what looks like a fresh
install. Independent servers running on one system. I hope this information
helps.