Remote Access OS X to YDL X

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 22:20:55 MST 2005

> http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/XDMCP-HOWTO/procedure.html#AEN46

Thx.

> > Is there an easier way to kill off an X11 session?

> Actually, I don't use the X11 app directly to launch "X".  I issue the
<snip>
<grin> I'm actually trying to kill X11 in Linux, not OS X (can't do
ctrl-alt-delete in OS X's X11). I'll take a look at the URL you
provided. (I seem to recall I asked this question in one of the YDL
forums when I first started with YDL and never got a satisfactory
answer to that one).

> > One quirk I have to overcome is that the current
> > session is using my modified X11 mouse settings
> Not sure about that one.  Try launching your X session from the
> Terminal app instead of the X11 app.

That too is an X11 problem under Linux that I know how to fix but am
just too lazy to get around to doing (I've configured the "3rd" &
"4th" buttons on my TurboMouse Pro to do what I want them to do using
imwheel).