Why Yellowdog?

Andrew Mason andrew at assertis.net
Thu Jan 20 00:55:06 MST 2005

Not sure if you guys realize but BSD is basically UNIX, it just hasn't paid
for UNIX certification by the Open Group.  I think even Linux could be UNIX
if it fit all the criteria and someone bothered/wanted to pay for it. As far
as i know the criteria is mainly technical and there isn't much/anything in
the way of licensing but to be honest I haven't actually looked at what is
needed so i could be wrong.

Certainly some UNIX variants such as SCO's are just plain rubbish, and
net/dragon/open/freeBSD are so far ahead of it, it's really not funny.

Andrew