Why Yellowdog?

James Cass cassj at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 20 05:56:49 MST 2005

> Another thing that Linux has over OSX
> is its speed and responsiveness.
Amen, brother.  I am a huge Apple fanatic, but MacOSX (Panther) can be
sluggish, even on my AlPowerBook 1.5GHz with 1GB RAM.  It's VERY slothy
when viewing network shares with thousands of files -- anything over
1,000.  Where I work we have some shares with over twenty-thousand
files.  I had to gui-fy shell commands (ls -la) using Revolution
(http://www.runrev.com) j ust to view these files efficiently.

> PLUS Linux has tux racer :)
Hey, I just found this!  http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/15548
It works great too.  Sweet!  Now I've got TuxRacer on MacOSX, YDL4,
FedoraCore3, and WinXP!!

-James