Why Yellowdog?

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 14:51:18 MST 2005

On Thu, 20 Jan 05 16:13:46 -0500, Don <dtownhome at earthlink.net> wrote:
> >>I don't like aqua, I feel it gets in my way and
> >>i'd much rather use KDE, Gnome or XFCE over aqua.
>
> FWIW, I've found Gnome to look too 'PCish' for my taste so far,
> and I'd rather find a more Macish feel with the window control
> boxes 'in their correct places' instead.  (Am I missing options
> somewhere to reset things?)

Speaking of the best GUI design in existence...

Has anyone encounter an hacks/settings which allow for a "fixed" and
single menu-bar. The worst design failure of the Windows-inspired GUIs
that are KDE or GNOME is the menu-in-window design.

I'd love to be able to pin all menu bars to the top of the window a la
Mac! The launch bar is a miserable compromise between fixed menu bars
and task bars (alas, even the miserable Dock is a better solution).

Eric.