Configurability

Don dtownhome at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 22 16:23:24 MST 2005

Hi again everyone;

As a total nooOOOObb at Linux I didn't know how unbelievably configurable
it is ... till about 2 days ago.  Seems to me that Linux is looking a lot
more attractive now that I can fix things to look the way I want them to.

Now it makes 'Platinum' look like a woefully meager poor mans offering
compared to all the tricks the dawg can do... and I haven't even spent
much time playing with the applications yet.

Having said that, I only can find two things I have not sorted out to
satisfaction yet.

Item 1: have not yet figured out how to get the machine to go online yet.

I'd appreciate any clues.  Comparing to OS9, I suspect that some version
of the TCP IP and / or remote access are the 'problem'.

Item 2: can't find any way to dim the screens for night use.  Even dark
color settings don't make it dim enough to avoid waking light sleeper
wife.

I'm certain I'll find it eventually, but would like to have it up and
running this weekend just for fun.

That 'sorta homely little yellow mutt' suddenly looks a lot more like a
fine sleek race horse.  I can see now why people are taking a liking to
it once they get a good solid look.

Thanks

Don