yellowdog-newbie Digest, Vol 5, Issue 33

Peter Gort pgort at mac.com
Tue Jan 25 15:06:04 MST 2005

Tom,

yaboot is in Open Firmware, which is not usually reset by Mac OS X
installer.  To revert to normal firmware settings, you need to "zap
PRAM".  To do this, restart the computer and hold down the cmd(apple) -
option - p - r key combination.  After a few seconds of holding down
that combination of keys, the computer will spontaneously reboot.  Keep
holding down those keys until the computer has spontaneously rebooted a
total of 3 times.

That should remove yaboot routine from the Open Firmware.  If the
problem still persists (unlikely) you can edit the open firmware
settings, send me a message if you need to know how to do that.

HTH,
Peter