yaboot problems revisited

Tom and Donna tom87020 at mac.com
Wed Jan 26 12:07:29 MST 2005

My HDD had extra "disks" such as disk1s1, disk1s2, etc., and the yaboot
screen continued to come up even though YDL had been overwritten...
Anyway, I tried to do ANOTHER reinstallation of 10.3.7, this time with
writing zeroes during the erase, and now the installation won't even
complete.  Grrr...
FWIW, this is the second HDD that I've toasted by having attempted a YDL
installation.  Not that it's necessarily YDL's fault, but something in
the installation process for the unitiated (me) causes a problem.
Not sure where this will go, but I think I'm done with YDL for now.
Thanks, everyone, for your courteous and helpful responses.
tommaso